THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ PERSONALITY TRAITS AND THEIR READING COMPREHENSION AT TENTH GRADE OF ISLAMIC SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL MUHAMMADIYAH PEKANBARU

MIR’ATUS SHOLEKHAH, (2017) THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ PERSONALITY TRAITS AND THEIR READING COMPREHENSION AT TENTH GRADE OF ISLAMIC SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL MUHAMMADIYAH PEKANBARU. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
1. COVER_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (366kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
2. EXAMINER APPROVAL_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (571kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
3. ABSTRACT_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (798kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
4. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (454kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
5. TABLE OF CONTENT_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (443kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
6. CHAPTER 1_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (565kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
7. CHAPTER II_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (754kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
8. CHAPTER III_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (782kB) | Preview
[img] Text
9. CHAPTER IV_2017564PBI.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only

Download (1MB)
[img]
Preview
Text
10. CHAPTER V_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (432kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
11. BIBLIOGRAPHY_2017564PBI.pdf

Download (547kB) | Preview

Abstract

Based on the researcher’s preliminary study, it was found that different individuals have the tendency to perform differently while reading. Most of them have the tendency to be consistent in their performance. Studies have found that multiple studies have shown that academic achievement is strongly correlated with various measures of individual personality traits. Based on the matters, the researcher found some problems, such as, some of the students were difficult to understand the meaning of the text, were not active in learning process, and were not motivated in reading comprehension. Hence, the purpose of the study was to find out the significant correlation between students’ personality traits and their reading comprehension at tenth grade of Madrasah Aliyah Muhammadiyah Pekanbaru. There were two variables in this research, variable X (personality traits) and variable Y (reading comprehension). The sample of the research was 30 students. The instrument of the research used questionnaire and test. To measure the students’ personality traits, the researcher used questionnaire that was adopted by Big Five Inventory. While to measure the reading comprehension, the researcher used test reading comprehension of narrative text. In analyzing data, the researcher used product moment formula by using SPSS.16. Based on the data, it was found that the score of personality was 69% “high level”, whereas the score of reading comprehension was 72% “high level”. While, the score of Pearson Correlation was 0.674. 0.674 pointed that the correlation coefficient was strong level with the significance was 0.000<0.05 and the percentage was 45.4%. Then the other 54.6% was influenced by other factors. Based on the data can be concluded that there is positive significant correlation between students’ personality traits and their reading comprehension at tenth grade of Madrasah Aliyah Muhammadiyah Pekanbaru. Keywords: Correlation, Personality Traits, Reading Comprehension

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 400 Bahasa
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Ms. Hidayani
Date Deposited: 19 Aug 2019 05:50
Last Modified: 19 Aug 2019 05:50
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/17513

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item