THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ READING ATTITUDE AND THEIR WRITING ABILITY AT THE SECOND YEAR OF ISLAMIC SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL AL-MA’ARIF MANTIASA MERANTI REGENCY

FATIN HANANI, (2018) THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ READING ATTITUDE AND THEIR WRITING ABILITY AT THE SECOND YEAR OF ISLAMIC SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL AL-MA’ARIF MANTIASA MERANTI REGENCY. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
1. COVER_201888PBI.pdf

Download (348kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
2. EXAMINER APROVAL_201888PBI.pdf

Download (337kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
3. ABSTRAK_201888PBI.pdf

Download (537kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
4. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS_201888PBI.pdf

Download (314kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
5. LIST OF CONTENTS_201888PBI.pdf

Download (339kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
6. CHAPTER I_201888PBI.pdf

Download (357kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
7. CHAPTER II_201888PBI.pdf

Download (475kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
8. CHAPTER III_201888PBI.pdf

Download (488kB) | Preview
[img] Text
9. CHAPTER IV_201888PBI.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (968kB)
[img]
Preview
Text
10. CHAPTER V_201888PBI.pdf

Download (333kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
11. BIBLIOGRAPHY_201888PBI.pdf

Download (364kB) | Preview

Abstract

Reading attitude can give good influence to writing ability. It means that ideally, those who have good reading attitude will be also good at writing. However, based on the preliminary research, it was found that some students who had the good reading attitude still did not produce a good writing. They can not share their ideas in their mind into writtten form.Therefore, this research aimed at finding out the correlation between students’ reading attitude and their writing ability at the second year of Islamic Senior High School Al-Ma’arif Mantiasa Meranti Regency. This research is a correlational research. There were two kinds of instrument used in collecting the data for this research. For reading attitude, the writer used ready-made questionnaire used by Tullock-Rhody, Regina and Alexander, J Estill, and for writing ability, the writer asked the students to write a brief text by choosing one of the provided topics. The population of the research was 50 students. Then, in taking the sample, the writer used total sampling because the total of population <100.By using Pearson Product Moment on SPSS 16.0 in analyzing the data, the researcher found that the sig. t was 0.004, smaller than the significant alpha of 0.05 (sig.t < 0.05). It means that Ha is accepted, or there is a significant correlation between the students’ reading attitude and their ability. The writer also found that 15.7% writing ability at the second year of Islamic Senior High Al-Ma’arif Mantiasa Meranti Regency was influenced by reading attitude. Then, the other 84.3% was influenced by other factors. Keywords: Correlation, Reading Attitude, Writing Ability.

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Ms. Hidayani
Date Deposited: 22 Mar 2019 08:10
Last Modified: 22 Mar 2019 08:10
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/12333

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item