CORRELATION BETWEEN READING COMPREHENSION OF NARRATIVE AND ABILITY IN WRITING NARRATIVE TEXT AT THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS OF SMAN 2 KAMPAR

Martos Alfitr, (2012) CORRELATION BETWEEN READING COMPREHENSION OF NARRATIVE AND ABILITY IN WRITING NARRATIVE TEXT AT THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS OF SMAN 2 KAMPAR. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
2012_2012687.pdf

Download (442kB) | Preview

Abstract

This research design was a correlation design which was causal relationship. In accordance with the symptoms, the writer has seen some problems that should be discussed and overcome. In this research, there were three formulations of the problems: (1) how is students’ reading comprehension of narrative? (2) how is students’ ability in writing a narrative text? (3) is there any significant correlation between students’ reading comprehension of narrative and their ability in writing narrative text? The objectives of the research was only to find out correlation between reading comprehension of narrative and the ability in writing narrative at the second year students of SMAN 2 Kampar. The research was carried out at SMAN 2 Kampar. It was conducted from September to October, 2011. The subject of the research was the second year students of SMAN 2 Kampar. The population of this research was 187 students and the sample was 31 students. The technique used in taking the sample was random sampling. In collecting the data, the writer used test for both of the variables in this research. Before the test of reading comprehension was given to the sample, the researcher gave a try out. The writer also gave the test of writing a narrative. In analyzing the data, the scores were analyzed by using Simple Regression Analysis formula by using SPSS 16.0 version. Based on the research findings, the score of sign. was 0.002 and it was lower than α (0.002<0.05). It could be concluded that H0 was rejected and Ha was accepted. The conclusions: There was a significant correlation between reading comprehension of narrative and ability in writing narrative at the second year students of SMAN 2 Kampar regency, the students’ reading comprehension was categorized into enough level, and the students’ ability in writing narrative was categorized into enough level too. The percentage of contribution of reading comprehension to ability in writing narrative was 29% and the rest 71% was influenced by other factors. Finally, the suggestions: in teaching writing narrative text, teacher should use many kinds of reading texts which can provide students with ideas and reading comprehension in order that the generic structures and generic features of the text can be achieved by students’ reading comprehension, they can prepare themselves to increase their ability in English lesson especially in writing narrative pharagraphs.

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: eva sartika
Date Deposited: 10 Dec 2016 03:38
Last Modified: 10 Dec 2016 03:38
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/9650

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item