THE CONTRIBUTION OF SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE MASTERY TOWARD SPEAKING ABILITY OF THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS OF ISLAMIC SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL AL-QASIMIYAH SOREK 1 PELALAWAN REGENCY

Icon, (2012) THE CONTRIBUTION OF SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE MASTERY TOWARD SPEAKING ABILITY OF THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS OF ISLAMIC SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL AL-QASIMIYAH SOREK 1 PELALAWAN REGENCY. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
2012_2012150.pdf

Download (1MB) | Preview

Abstract

This research is aimed at finding out the contribution of simple present tense mastery toward speaking ability. The subject of this research is the second year students of Islamic Senior High School Al-Qasimiyah Sorek 1 whereas; the objects of this research are students’ simple present tense mastery and their speaking ability. The population of this research is 35 students. Because the number of population is lower than 100, the writer takes all population as sample. In this case, the writer uses the total sampling technique. In collecting data, the writer used test. The test was used to find out the contribution of simple present tense mastery toward students’ speaking ability. In analyzing data, the writer uses the simple regression analysis. The simple regression formula is as follows: Based on data analysis, done by using SPSS 17.0 version program, it can be seen that Fo is 18.121. it is higher than F table either at 5% or 1%. At level 5%, F table is (4.13) and at level 1%, F table is (7.44). So that, the writer can conclude that Ho is rejected and Ha is accepted. It means that there is a positive significant contribution of X toward Y (students’ simple present tense mastery toward speaking ability of the second year students of Islamic Senior High School Al- Qasimiyah Sorek 1 Pelalawan Regency). The percentage of the contribution of simple present tense mastery toward speaking ability is 35% after calculating r².100. It means that the contribution of simple present tense mastery toward speaking ability is 35% and the rest 65% is influenced by other factors. Finally, in accordance with writer’s investigation, the students’ simple present tense mastery is classified into enough and the students’ speaking ability is classified into good.

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: eva sartika
Date Deposited: 07 Dec 2016 02:57
Last Modified: 07 Dec 2016 02:57
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/9392

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item