Search for collections on Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau Repository

Tenth Grade Students' Speaking Skills at SMAN 1 Ukui

Muhammad Fadhilul Fajri, - (2022) Tenth Grade Students' Speaking Skills at SMAN 1 Ukui. Skripsi thesis, UNIVERSITAS ISLAM NEGERI SULTAN SYARIF KASIM RIAU.

[img] Text (BAB IV)
BAB IV.pdf - Published Version
Restricted to Repository staff only

Download (562kB)

Download (6MB) | Preview


ABSTRACT Muhammad Fadhilul Fajri (2021): Tenth Grade Students' Speaking Skills at SMAN 1 Ukui Speaking in English is a difficult task for students because it requires a long process and language transfer. Based on the interviews that the writer did with the English teacher, it was found that students had difficulties in expressing ideas, limited vocabulary and speaking with correct grammar, pronouncing words correctly, lack of understanding and fluency in speaking. This study aimed to find out how the students' ability to speak through the themes of the best experiences while in school, experiences about the last vacation, unforgettable experiences, last week's activities, and favorite adventures with friends at SMAN 1 Ukui. This research is a descriptive study that has one variable to observe and uses quantitative data. This research was conducted from April to May 2021. The total population in this study was 180 students, 18 of which were sampled for research. The data used for the study were obtained from the results of students' speaking presentations in English. Based on the results of the study, it was found that 10 students were in a good category (56%), while the other 8 students were in the poor category (44%). It can be concluded that overall, the speaking ability of tenth graders at SMAN 1 Ukui is at a good level.

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 000 Karya Umum > 001 Ilmu Pengetahuan > 001.42 Metode Riset
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: ftk -
Date Deposited: 28 Jan 2022 07:14
Last Modified: 28 Jan 2022 07:14

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item