THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ FORMAL SCHEMATA AND READING COMPREHENSION OF NARRATIVE TEXT AT SCIENCE CLASS OF THE SECOND YEAR OF STATE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 3 PEKANBARU

Syafni Eliza, (2011) THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ FORMAL SCHEMATA AND READING COMPREHENSION OF NARRATIVE TEXT AT SCIENCE CLASS OF THE SECOND YEAR OF STATE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 3 PEKANBARU. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
2011_2011895.pdf

Download (992kB) | Preview

Abstract

Carrell and Eisterhold state there are several kind of schemata. One of them is Formal Schemata; knowledge of different text types of text and genres, such as use text organization, language structures, vocabulary, grammar and level of formality differently. Based on Carrell’s finding, she says that formal schemata can help reader comprehending the text. However, the researcher found different fact at Science Class of the Second Year of State Senior High School 3 Pekanbaru with her finding. Deriving from this problem, the researcher was interested to conduct a research entitled “The Correlation between Students’ Formal Schemata and Reading Comprehension of Narrative Text at Science Class of the Second Year of State Senior High School 3 Pekanbaru.” The design of research was linear regression, in which to analyze how strength correlation between students’ formal schemata and reading comprehension of narrative text at Science Class of the Second Year of State Senior High School 3 Pekanbaru. She used tests to collect data of 36 respondents from 144 students in Science Classes. Based on the research finding, mean of students’ formal schemata was 62.22 (enough). Mean of students’ reading comprehension of narrative text was 64.31 (enough). After analyzing the data, it got rxy, 0.565. It was bigger than coefficient value of Product moment Correlation with significancy 5 % (0.325) and 1 % (0.418).In other words, Ha was accepted and Ho was rejected. So, formal schemata gave contribution toward reading comprehension of narrative text 31.9 %. While, the remaining, 68.1 % contributed by other variables.

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: eva sartika
Date Deposited: 06 Jan 2016 08:54
Last Modified: 06 Jan 2016 08:54
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/380

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item