The Correlation between Students’ Mastery of Simple Past Tense and Their Ability to Write Recount Paragraphs at The Eleventh Grade of MAN 2 Model Pekanbaru

Wahyuni Yendriani, - (2020) The Correlation between Students’ Mastery of Simple Past Tense and Their Ability to Write Recount Paragraphs at The Eleventh Grade of MAN 2 Model Pekanbaru. Skripsi thesis, UNIVERSITAS ISLAM NEGERI SULTAN SYARIF KASIM RIAU.

[img] Text (BAB IV)
CHAPTER IV.pdf - Published Version
Restricted to Repository staff only

Download (1MB)
[img] Text
THESIS WAHYUNI YENDRIANI.pdf

Download (11MB)

Abstract

ABSTRACT Wahyuni Yendriani, (2019): The Correlation between Students’ Mastery of Simple Past Tense and Their Ability to Write Recount Paragraphs at The Eleventh Grade of MAN 2 Model Pekanbaru This research was conducted based on students’ problem in writing. Therefore, This research had two variables, students’ mastery in simple past tenses as an independent variable and students’ ability to write recount paragraphs as a dependent variable. This research was aimed 1) to find out how students’ mastery in simple past tense, 2) to find out how students’ ability to write recount paragraphs, 3) to find out the significant correlation between students’ mastery in simple past tense and their ability to write recount paragraphs. This research was a correlational research. The subject of this research was the eleventh grade students at MAN 2 Model Pekanbaru whereas the object of this research was the correlation between students’ mastery in simple past tense and their ability to write recount paragraphs. The population of this research was 28 students. To choose the sample, the researcher used convenience sampling technique and got 28 students as the sample. In collecting the data, the researcher used multiple choice test for students’ mastery in simple past tense and writing test for students’ ability to write recount paragraphs. From the data analysis which had been done by using SPSS 22.0 version, it could be seen that there was a significant correlation between students’ mastery in simple past tense and their ability to write recount paragraphs. It could be shown that the probability of score sig.t is 0.005, smaller than the significant alpha of 0.05 (sig.t < 0.05). It meant that H0 was rejected and Ha was accepted. In other words, there was a significant correlation between students’ mastery in simple past tense and their ability to write recount paragraphs. The researcher also found that 69.22% writing recount paragraphs ability ability at the eleventh grade of MAN 2 Model Pekanbaru was influenced by simple past tense mastery. Then, the other 30.78% was influenced by other factors. Keywords: Correlation, Students’ Maste

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: ftk -
Date Deposited: 03 Jan 2020 08:11
Last Modified: 03 Jan 2020 08:13
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/24286

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item