THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ SPEAKING INTEREST AND THEIR SPEAKING ABILITY AT PLUS SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL OF RIAU PROVINCE

ASTRIWULAN, (2018) THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ SPEAKING INTEREST AND THEIR SPEAKING ABILITY AT PLUS SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL OF RIAU PROVINCE. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
1. COVER_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (519kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
2. EXAMINER APPROVAL_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (543kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
3. ABSTRAK_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (432kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
4. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (338kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
5. DAFTAR ISI_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (313kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
6. CHAPTER I_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (491kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
7. CHAPTER II_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (486kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
8. CHAPTER III_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (658kB) | Preview
[img] Text
9. CHAPTER IV_2018495PBI.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (1MB)
[img]
Preview
Text
10. CHAPTER V_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (399kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
11. REFERENSI_2018495PBI.pdf

Download (261kB) | Preview

Abstract

This research was correlational research, which was aimed to find out the correlation between students’ speaking interest and speaking ability. There were two variables used in this research. The first was variable X (Students’ Speaking Interest) and variable Y (Speaking Ability). The subject of this research was the tenth grade students at Plus Senior High School of Riau Province whereas the object of this research was the correlation between students’ speaking interest and speaking ability. The population of this research was 100 students. To choose the sample, the researcher used simple random sampling technique and got 40 students as the sample. In collecting the data, the researcher used questionnaire for students’ speaking interest and oral test (storytelling) for speaking ability. From the data analysis which had been done by using SPSS 16.0 version, it could be seen that there was a significant correlation between speaking interest and speaking ability. It could be shown that the probability of score sig.t is 0.001, smaller than the significant alpha of 0.05 (sig.t < 0.05). It meant that H0 was rejected and Ha was accepted. In other words, there was a significant correlation between speaking interest and speaking ability. The researcher also found that 26.52% speaking ability of the tenth grade of Plus Senior High School of Riau Province was influenced by speaking interest. Then, the other 73.48% was influenced by other factors. Key Words: Correlation, Students’ Speaking Interest, Speaking Ability

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Ms. Hidayani
Date Deposited: 30 Apr 2019 00:56
Last Modified: 30 Apr 2019 00:56
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/12960

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item