THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ SELFEFFICACY AND THEIR SPEAKING FLUENCY AT THE SECOND YEAR OF STATE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 3 PEKANBARU

SUCI FEBRIANA, (2018) THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ SELFEFFICACY AND THEIR SPEAKING FLUENCY AT THE SECOND YEAR OF STATE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 3 PEKANBARU. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau.

[img]
Preview
Text
1. COVER_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (766kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
2. PENGESAHAN_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (445kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
3. ABSTRACT_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (335kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
4. ACKNOWLEDGMENT_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (286kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
5. LIST OF CONTENTS_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (290kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
6. CHAPTER I_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (288kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
7. CHAPTER II_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (322kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
8. CHAPTER III_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (313kB) | Preview
[img] Text
9. CHAPTER IV_2018366PBI.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (478kB)
[img]
Preview
Text
10. CHAPTER V_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (266kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
11. REFERENCES_2018366PBI.pdf

Download (294kB) | Preview

Abstract

The students with high self-efficacy will be able to speak fluently since fluency is one of characteristics of good speaking. However, based on the researcher’s preliminary research, it was found that some of students who had characteristics of good self-efficacy in speaking still could not speak English fluently, otherwise there were some students who had good fluency in speaking English showed the characteristics of low self-efficacy. Therefore, this research was aimed to find out the correlation between students’ self-efficacy and their speaking fluency in story telling at The Second Year of Senior High School 3 Pekanbaru. This research is a correlational research, which the researcher distributed questionnaires to the respondent to assess students’ self-efficacy. Besides, in assessing students’ speaking fluency, the researcher conducted oral test to the students by asking them to do story-telling and the score was evaluated by two raters. The population of the research was 311 students. Then, in choosing the sample the researcher used simple random sampling and took 32 students. The researcher used Pearson product moment correlation coefficient through SPSS 22.00 to analyze the data. The result of this research shows that sig. (2-tailed) value is 0.001. It can be stated that 0.001<0.05. It means that null hypothesis (Ho) is rejected while the alternative hypothesis (Ha) is accepted. The value of correlation coefficient (r) is 0.566. In conclusion, there is a significant positive correlation between students’ self-efficacy in speaking and their speaking fluency. The researcher also found that 32.04% self-efficacy of the second year students at Senior High School 3 Pekanbaru can influence their speaking fluency. Then, the other 67.96% was influenced by other factors. Key words: Correlation, Self-efficacy, Speaking Fluency

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Pendidikan > 373 Pendidikan Tingkat Sekolah Lanjutan > 373.238 Sekolah Menengah Atas, SMA
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Ms. Hidayani
Date Deposited: 23 Apr 2019 04:22
Last Modified: 23 Apr 2019 04:22
URI: http://repository.uin-suska.ac.id/id/eprint/12794

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item